Tuesday, October 1, 2013

In-class Photo Critique

#1: Canon 5D 400mm f/5.6 ISO250 1/2000s Av Priority -1/3EV
The shutter speed allowed the camera to stop the water and fish to capture a clear and detailed picture. I also like how the right back corner of the water is blurred and the angles of the bears head and fish are pointed towards the center, creating a focal point that leads your attention to the middle where it looks clear and crisp.
 #2: Canon 5D 17mm f/22 ISO100 1.6s Av Priority -1/3EV
The first thing that caught my attention with this photo was the obvious vivid color that is captured in this landscape but my attention was then drawn to the river and the smooth look of the water. With the shutter speed used it did not stop the water but instead blurred it together creating a smooth almost glassy type look. The way the yellow leaves line the river really draws your eyes into the center and right side of the photo.
#3: Canon 5DII 17mm f/11 ISO200 1.3s Manual
I like this picture in black and white as I think it draws more attention and makes it more dramatic. I like how the water is blurred giving it an almost whimsical look.
#4: Canon 5DII 85mm f/1.8 10s ISO100 Manual
This picture to me looks photo shopped. I say this because the lighting on the mountains makes it seem like it's day time yet the sky with the stars suggests it is night time. Though I like this picture with the lighting, detail in the mountains, and blurred clouds, I cant help but think the photographer played with this image.
#5: Canon 1DIII 28mm f/13 ISO200 HDR
I really enjoy all the colors in this picture, however I find that there is a lot to look at causing my eyes to be distracted and wonder instead of having a main focus point. My eyes are drawn towards the horizon and the snowy mountains in the background but then the pond and the colors catch my attention. I really like the detail in this photo and how everything seems to be in focus even in the background.
#6: Canon 1DIV 840mm f/5.6 ISO400 1/800
My eyes immediately were drawn to the bright bird, not only because of the color in it but also because the background is blurred, allowing the bird to be the focal point. I like how the photographer also kept the tree branches in focus. The flowers or berries on the branches also add color to the photo as well as helping to draw your attention to the bird by the way the branches are surrounding it.
#7: Canon 7D 500mm f/4.5 ISO1600 1/320
The shutter speed used allowed the camera to stop the water and the bear with the fish in its mouth. I think the photographer upped his shutter speed which affected the clarity of the photo. I believe the bears face is the focal point as he caught the fish, but his face appears to be out of focus. If his face was clear and detailed this picture would be better.
#8: Nikon D4
The color in this photo is amazing! I love the sunset as it draws your eyes toward the focus point which is the moose. I love the detail in this photo and the landscape of the mountains in the background.
#9: Canon 1DII 500mm f/8.0 1/500
This is probably my favorite picture due to the detail in the focal point but blurred background. The shutter speed the photographer used works perfectly in this photo to stop the water and the bird in mid flight. The wings on the bird are very apparent and draw your attentions but then as they are turned in it helps draw your eyes back to the birds face and then further down to his claws and the fish.
#10: Nikon D2x 12mm f/6.3 ISO200 1/400
The polar bear in the center of the picture draws my eyes in but the background serves as a distraction. If the photo were cropped to just highlight the main bear and surrounding ice water I think the picture would be more striking. This photo is also very light and bright, if the background was darkened it might not be as distracting.


No comments:

Post a Comment